Human Protein Complex Map
Proteins interact with each other and organize themselves into macromolecular machines (ie. complexes) to carry out essential functions of the cell. We have a good understanding of a few complexes such as the proteasome and the ribosome but currently we have an incomplete view of all protein complexes as well as their functions. The hu.MAP attempts to address this lack of understanding by integrating several large scale protein interaction datasets to obtain the most comprehensive view of protein complexes. In hu.MAP 2.0 we integrated large scale affinity purification mass spectrometry (AP/MS) datasets from Bioplex, Bioplex2.0, Boldt et al. and Hein et al., large scale biochemical fractionation data (Wan et al.), proximity labeling data (Gupta et al., Youn et al.), and RNA hairpin pulldown data (Treiber et al.) to produce a complex map with over 7k complexes.
Kevin Drew (website)
Edward Marcotte (website)
NIH K99 (NICHD) and NIH LRP (NICHD)
- Kevin Drew, John B. Wallingford, Edward M. Marcotte hu.MAP 2.0: integration of over 15,000 proteomic experiments builds a global compendium of human multiprotein assemblies Mol Syst Biol (2021)17:e10016https://doi.org/10.15252/msb.202010016
- Kevin Drew, Chanjae Lee, Ryan L Huizar, Fan Tu, Blake Borgeson, Claire D McWhite, Yun Ma, John B Wallingford, Edward M Marcotte Integration of over 9,000 mass spectrometry experiments builds a global map of human protein complexes. Molecular Systems Biology (2017) 13, 932. DOI 10.15252/msb.20167490
- Huttlin et al. Architecture of the human interactome defines protein communities and disease networks. Nature. 2017 May 25;545(7655):505-509. DOI: 10.1038/nature22366.
- Treiber et al. A Compendium of RNA-Binding Proteins that Regulate MicroRNA Biogenesis.. Mol Cell. 2017 Apr 20;66(2):270-284.e13. doi: 10.1016/j.molcel.2017.03.014.
- Boldt et al. An organelle-specific protein landscape identifies novel diseases and molecular mechanisms. Nat Commun. 2016 May 13;7:11491. doi: 10.1038/ncomms11491.
- Youn et al. High-Density Proximity Mapping Reveals the Subcellular Organization of mRNA-Associated Granules and Bodies. Mol Cell. 2018 Feb 1;69(3):517-532.e11. doi: 10.1016/j.molcel.2017.12.020.
- Gupta et al. A Dynamic Protein Interaction Landscape of the Human Centrosome-Cilium Interface. Cell. 2015 Dec 3;163(6):1484-99. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2015.10.065.
- Wan, Borgeson et al. Panorama of ancient metazoan macromolecular complexes. Nature. 2015 Sep 17;525(7569):339-44. doi: 10.1038/nature14877. Epub 2015 Sep 7.
- Hein et al. A human interactome in three quantitative dimensions organized by stoichiometries and abundances. Cell. 2015 Oct 22;163(3):712-23. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2015.09.053. Epub 2015 Oct 22.
- Huttlin et al. The BioPlex Network: A Systematic Exploration of the Human Interactome. Cell. 2015 Jul 16;162(2):425-40. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2015.06.043.
- Reimand et al. g:Profiler-a web server for functional interpretation of gene lists (2016 update). Nucleic Acids Res. 2016 Jul 8;44(W1):W83-9. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkw199.